Thursday 13 August 2009

Review of July 2009 vSphere Webinar

Following on from the success of the VMware vSphere 4 seminars that I presented for Global Knowledge around the UK, we decided that we should also offer a version of my presentation as a Webex webinar session.

The live session went out on July 31st, and it was the first time I'd presented using Webex. We intended for the session to last for an hour, with my presentation lasting 50 minutes, leaving 10 minutes for Q&A at the end.

In spite of publicising the webinar at short notice, the number of registrations and live attendees was very impressive. I received an email from one live attendee a few days later who told me that he had my session broadcast in an auditorium at his location and there were over 100 people in attendance there - wow!

In the end, my presentation ran over for a few minutes as I covered a lot of material, but the Q&A time at the end ran over by 30 minutes - the questions just kept coming and coming. My colleagues at Global Knowledge, Ryan Fowles and Rosanna Clarke, helped to record the live session as well as the questions asked during the Q&A.

We have now published a recording of the live session, the presentation slides used, and a comprehensive Q&A document that I spent some time on completing - you can find all of those resources on our web site:
http://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/whats%20new/events/vsphere%20webinar%20content.aspx

We have a lot of interest from our colleagues across EMEA to run another session very soon, we are hoping to announce the date/time and the session content in the next week or so - watch this space!

Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment